Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Lavar Johnson has had quite the career since starting MMA 10 years ago. In 26 career fights, Johnson


Around the Web
Feb 23, 2013; Anaheim, CA, USA; Lavar Johnson (blue gloves) throws a punch at Brendan Schaub (red gloves) during their UFC heavyweight bout at the Honda Center. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Lavar Johnson has had quite the career since starting MMA 10 years ago. In 26 career fights, Johnson has fought in nearly all of the top level MMA promotions including the UFC, Bellator, StrikeForce, and WEC.
Johnson is set to headline Bellator 116 tomorrow night against the undefeated Blagoi Ivanov in the Heavyweight tournament semi-finals. In an exclusive interview with FanSided, Johnson broke down how he sees the fight going.
“I see that he slows down after the first two minutes,” he said. “So I am going to be patient, stay out of the clinch, and then knock him out. I don t see this fight going past the first round.”
Johnson is coming into this tournament semi-final off of his impressive TKO win over Ryan Martinez back at Bellator 111. That win snapped a three fight losing streak for Lavar, who said he would have likely retired if he lost that fight.
“I have always been confident. I have always had confidence in my hands,” Lavar said enthusiastically. “Going into my last fight, if I had lost, I would have probably retired. That fight was a good way to show me that I can still do this, that I can still compete with the best.”
“I have trained and sparred with some of the best guys in the world. I have fought some of the best guys in the world, and I feel good. I still feel fast at 36, and I think I can hang with the best of them. I would not continue fighting if I didn t think I could.”
WWE Booking Ideas According to Stephen
Atlanta Falcons could trade their No. 6 pick in th…
NFL 4h Norv Turner’s offense makes Greg Jenning’s head spin
By Nick Akerman


No comments:

Post a Comment