Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Certainly not a bad idea! The lady on the Message Board writes that one should rinse your clothes i


A friend told me that she had had many white woolen garments for her daughter, but that the light had been stained. So she bought brown coat color and color Woollen clothing in the washing machine - and the result was very good. I have inherited many white / natural iron box colored woolen garments for little Tullemor coming in September. Most of those with trans spots that do not go away. I found that I also wanted to color but wanted to see if there was a more environmentally friendly alternative. I started to google and found among other things that Nøstebarn had done a good job on it to test out different options for coloring clothes. I read the posts and found, among other things, a comment that it is also possible to color clothes with coffee and tea. This I found very interesting once, and searched on, but could not find not so much. I found one blog post that mentioned this - but there was little about the procedure. Moreover, I found one comment on a discussion forum which gave a kind of method. After this, I found that I could just as well try me out and see what I did to myself. It was not all too difficult ... Here is a picture of some of the wool before dyeing.
I cooked up two pots of water to make coffee clothes I put vinegar in the water, so I found the tips on the discussion forum Coffee is coming to the kettle ... I used coffee expired, so this project cost in essence very little beyond the time and effort ... I decided to sift all the coffee before I poured it over her clothes. Not sure if there was anything chess moves really. Took at least a very long time! So I poured coffee over your clothes in a large bowl. Tubs I let stand until the next day (coffee covered all items altogether) Next day I poured the coffee into a bucket and let all the clothes into the washing machine. Lot that a round of rinsing with vinegar (after comment from the message board). Here are the results ... Not exactly brown, but transforming the stain has been reduce ... As you can see there is a bit patchy results, and not just brown ... When the clothes were finished drying, I was not completely satisfied. According to the blog post I found she had chosen to color garments twice, when it became smoother and browner color. She also describes that she had clothes in boiling coffee (I poured it into a bowl to cool). I decided then to put the wool in the coffee just under boiling point and let it sit for a few hours. iron box Staining second round after dyeing second round I washed garment by hand and hung up to dry. The two garments right has received two rounds, garment left only one. Not much difference iron box in color strength, but it is somewhat smoother after the second round. Conclusion: It was not as easy as I thought when I started. That is, the execution was not difficult, but the result was not the expectation. I thought the garments should be brown, not beige - but, transforming the stains are gone, and the garments are still usable! Perhaps it would have been better if I had also spent coffee grounds? Maybe I spent too little vinegar? Maybe coffee would "dry out" before I rinsed it out? I do not know. Good suggestions will be appreciated!
Certainly not a bad idea! The lady on the Message Board writes that one should rinse your clothes in the machine with a little vinegar or salt after it has been in the coffee. I used vinegar. But perhaps the color had attached themselves better with salt ...? Delete
2013 (15) September (1) August (1) June (4) Color woollens with coffee Baby Toys Old classics, to the benefit of new readers Old, nice windows in May (2) April (1) March (4) January (2) 2012 (44) December (3) November (1) October (3) September (1) August (1) July (2) June (2) May (4) April (8) March (5) February (8) January (6 ) 2011 (74) December (4) November (5) October (9) September (5) August (8) July (11) June (6) May (6) April (4) March (6) February (5) January (5)
The Green the bowl


No comments:

Post a Comment